ENERGY4LIFE PROVIDES THE SERVICES FOR YOU TO TRACK AND MANAGE WELLNESS-RELATED INFORMATION. THE SERVICES AND ANY RESULTS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER PROVIDED BY ENERGY4LIFE OR THIRD PARTIES, DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR (I) ADVICE FROM YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, OR ANY DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OR (II) A VISIT, CALL OR CONSULTATION WITH YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. THE SERVICES DO NOT AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO TREAT OR PREVENT ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. USE OF THE SERVICES, OR COMMUNICATION WITH US VIA THE INTERNET, E-MAIL OR OTHER MEANS, DOES NOT CREATE ANY DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP. IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH-RELATED QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OR SEE YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE BECAUSE OF ANY CONTENT PRESENTED ON THE SERVICES, AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES FOR DIAGNOSING OR TREATING A HEALTH PROBLEM. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT A QUALIFIED AND LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO BEGINNING OR MODIFYING ANY DIET, EXERCISE, CONSULTATIONS, OR TRAINING PROGRAM. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR EXERCISE ACTIVITIES CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ACTIVITIES.
In order to use the Energy4Life GEM Devices and App, you must subscribe, pay any applicable subscription fees (“Subscription Fees”) as and when due, and create an account (“Account”). You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information and keep your Account information current and updated. You shall not select or use as a username (i) a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or (ii) a name subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your Account or password, and for keeping your Account password confidential and secure. You may never use another person’s account or registration information for the Services without permission. You agree to notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services, breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account or password. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account. You shall have the ability to delete your Account, either directly or through a request made to one of our employees or partners. Energy4Life will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
4. USE OF THE SERVICES
Energy4Life software, text, graphics, images, video, audio, data and other material are made available to you through the Services (collectively referred to as the “Content”). Subject to this Agreement and your Subscription, we grant to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable limited license to (i) access and use (i.e., to download and display locally) the Content and the software and applications made available through the Services and (ii) use the Energy4Life software embedded within the Energy4Life GEM Watch and GEM Pendant, in each case solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for other than purposes of using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. The Content may be owned by us or may be provided through an arrangement we have with others, including other users of the Services, or our partners, sponsors, or affiliates. The Content is protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright under both United States and other laws. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Other than your rights in any User Content (as defined below), you have no rights in or to the Content, and you may not use the Content except as permitted under this Agreement. No other use is permitted without prior written consent from us or the owner of the Content. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and Services automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
Various company, product, and service names displayed on the Services may be trademarks or service marks owned by Energy4Life. Your use of the Services should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this Services.
The Services include access to links to, and content and data from, third-party websites (“External Services”). These links, content, and data are provided solely as a convenience to you, are not an endorsement by us of the content on such External Services and may be subject to separate legal terms and conditions between you and third parties. The content of such External Services is developed and provided by others. In addition, the Services permit access to content posted, stored, or displayed at the direction of users of the Services, for which we cannot accept any responsibility or liability.
The Services are for personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically approved by Energy4Life. The following activities are expressly prohibited: (i) collecting usernames and/or email addresses of other users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other communications; (ii) any use of the Services, which in our sole judgement, degrades the reliability, speed, or operation of the Services or any underlying hardware or software thereof; (iii) use of web scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction methods from Energy4Life even if the Account owner gives permission; and (iv) any use of the Services which is unlawful or in violation of this Agreement.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, and without prejudice to Energy4Life’s other rights or remedies, Energy4Life shall have the right to immediately terminate (i) your Subscription if you breach any of the terms of this Agreement and (ii) any of the Services, in our sole discretion at any time; provided that if you are not in breach of this Agreement, we will provide you with a pro rata refund of any Subscription Fee paid by you in advance reflecting the period where you did not benefit from the terminated Services as a result of such termination.
You must maintain an active Subscription to continue using the Services. This Agreement and your Subscription may be renewed for additional Subscription periods pursuant to the Subscription purchased. If you do not maintain an active Subscription and pay all Subscription Fees when due, this Agreement shall terminate.
If you have obtained a free Subscription, Energy4Life reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, such free Subscription, your Account and your access to the Services with or without notice. Unless modified or discontinued by Energy4Life in its sole discretion, your free Subscription shall continue until the end of the applicable free Subscription period, or until you cancel or upgrade to a paid Subscription.
Unless otherwise stated, all Subscription Fees are non-refundable, even if you stop using the Services. If you purchased Services directly from Energy4Life, your Subscription will begin once you connect your Energy4Life GEM Device, or thirty (30) days after shipment of your Energy4Life GEM Device, whichever is soonest. If you do not activate your Energy4Life GEM Device and Energy4Life no longer supports the generation of product purchased, the Subscription purchased will be forfeited.
In the case of a monthly Subscription, you authorize Energy4Life to charge your credit card after each one (1) month pre-paid period ends and, subject to our Warranty and Return Policy below, you may only cancel your monthly Subscription after your initial commitment period of one (1) months or twelve (12) months, as applicable, ends. In the case of welve (12) month Subscriptions, the initial non-refundable (subject to the terms found in our Warranty and Return Policy below) Subscription Fee covers the first twelve (12) months of your Subscription (“Initial Subscription Fee”), respectively. The Initial Subscription Fee does not cover the cost of your Energy4Life Devices.
If any Subscription Fees are due are outstanding for a period of three (3) days or more, your Account will go into an inactive state. In this inactive state, you will be unable to upload data from your Energy4Life Devices. You will, however, still be able to access any historical data, that is, data which is uploaded prior to your Account entering into an inactive state. Upon appropriate payment, your Account will be reactivated, and you will be able to utilize the full functionality of the Subscription and your Energy4Life Devices.
Upon cancellation or termination, all licenses granted to you hereunder shall terminate automatically, your right to use the Services shall cease and your User Content, as defined below, will no longer be available to you through the Services.
You shall receive the support and maintenance, if any, as set forth in our FAQs or as provided with your Subscription.
7. USER CONTENT
The Services may include functionality to permit the submission of your Content, whether manually at the direction of users of the Services or automatically in accordance with your Account settings (“User Content”) and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Content. You warrant and represent that all User Content provided by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. User Content includes, without limitation, any user profile information you submit and make publicly available, any information collected by the Energy4Life Devices, including, without limitation, statistics and measurements, wellness information and reading results generated through the use of the Services, and any information submitted by you through the Services. You understand that Energy4Life does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content that you submit and make available to others.
You shall be solely responsible for User Content you submit or allow to be collected and the consequences of our posting or publishing such User Content. In connection with any User Content you submit, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Content to enable inclusion and use of the User Content in the manner contemplated by the Services and this Agreement; and (ii) you have the express specific, informed and unambiguous consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Content to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the User Content in the manner contemplated by the Services and this Agreement. By submitting the User Content to us, you hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to edit, modify, truncate, aggregate, use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, modify, display, perform, publish and otherwise commercially exploit all or any portion of the User Content in connection with our provision of the Services and our (and our successors’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels and sharing the User Content with social media platforms (i.e., posting User Content to Twitter or Facebook if enabled in your Account’s sharing settings) with our business partners and licensees for informational and analytical purposes.
In connection with User Content, you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business; or (v) impersonate another person. We do not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with any User Content. We do not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights in connection with the Services, and we will remove all Content and User Content if properly notified that such Content or User Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. We may remove any Content and User Content without prior notice. We may also terminate your access to the Services if you are determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is anyone who has been notified of infringing activity more than once and/or has had any User Content removed from the Services more than twice. We also reserve the right to decide whether Content or User Content is appropriate and complies with this Agreement for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, Content or User content that is of excessive length, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate. We may remove such User Content and/or terminate your access for uploading such material in violation of this Agreement at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content or other Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing us with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
(v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Energy4Life to receive notifications of claimed infringement and other notices relating to User Content and/or violation of this Agreement (e.g., violations of criminal laws) Only notices pursuant to this Section 7 and notices relating to complaints in connection with User Content or violations of this Agreement should be shared; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be addressed to the address in Section 15.
8. NO MEDICAL ADVICE
ENERGY4LIFE PROVIDES THE SERVICES FOR YOU TO TRACK, MANAGE, AND SHARE YOUR WELLNESS-RELATED INFORMATION. THE SERVICES AND ANY RESULTS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER PROVIDED BY ENERGY4LIFE OR THIRD PARTIES, DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR (I) ADVICE FROM YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, OR ANY DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OR (II) A VISIT, CALL OR CONSULTATION WITH YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. THE SERVICES DO NOT AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO TREAT OR PREVENT ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. USE OF THE SERVICES, OR COMMUNICATION WITH US VIA THE INTERNET, E-MAIL OR OTHER MEANS, DOES NOT CREATE ANY DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP. IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH-RELATED QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OR SEE YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE BECAUSE OF ANY CONTENT PRESENTED ON THE SERVICES, AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES FOR DIAGNOSING OR TREATING A HEALTH PROBLEM. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT A QUALIFIED AND LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO BEGINNING OR MODIFYING ANY DIET, EXERCISE, CONSULTATIONS, OR TRAINING PROGRAM. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR EXERCISE ACTIVITIES CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ACTIVITIES.
9. WELLNESS RELATED CONTENT
The Content available through the Services may include health and wellness recommendations, and other media to help you meet your wellness goals. You acknowledge and agree that Energy4Life is not a healthcare provider, personal trainer or fitness instructor and that the Services (including any recommendations and any information available through the Services that may appear to be personalized) may not be appropriate for you. Energy4Life is not responsible for any results that may or may not be obtained from the use of the Service.
10. PAYMENT OF FEES
- You agree to pay (i) the Fee for the GEM Devices; (ii) the non-refundable Initial Subscription Fee (as described above); and (iii) the Subscription Fees as described in this Agreement and during the purchase and payment process. Any payment terms presented to you in the process of obtaining a Subscription are deemed part of this Agreement and are incorporated herein by reference.
- Billing. We may collect payments from you directly or we may use a third-party payment processor ( “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your Account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for your Subscription. The processing of payments by a Payment Processor will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of such Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for any errors by a Payment Processor. By choosing to purchase an Energy4Life product or subscription, you agree to pay us, either directly or through a Payment Processor, all Fees and other charges at the prices then in effect and in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through a Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using your selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that we or a Payment Processor make even if we or a Payment Processor have already requested or received payment.
- Payment Method.The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through a Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
- Recurring Billing.The Subscription payment terms may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that such Subscription Fees have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY, ANNUALLY, OR EVERY EIGHTEEN MONTHS, DEPENDING ON YOUR SUBSCRIPTION) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, GO TO ACCOUNT SETTINGS AT ADD LINK
- Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE AT ACCOUNT SETTINGS. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY SUBSCRIPTION FEES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
- Auto-Renewal. A Subscription will be automatically extended for (i) successive monthly renewal periods in the event you have purchased a monthly Subscription or (ii) successive twelve (12) month periods in the event you have purchased a twelve (12) month Subscription at the then-current non-promotional rate. In the case of a twelve (12) month Subscription, we will notify you by email at least thirty (30) days prior to such automatic extension taking effect. To change or terminate your Subscription, go to Account settings at Add LINK. If you terminate your Subscription, you may continue to use your Subscription until the end of your then-current term and your Subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the Subscription Fee paid for the then-current subscription period. If you do not want to continue to be charged on a recurring basis, you must cancel or terminate your Subscription before the end of the then-current term. Your Subscription cannot be terminated before the end of the period for which you have already paid, and except as expressly provided in these terms, Energy4Life will not refund any amounts that you have already paid.
- Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of your Subscription reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Subscription. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance or as otherwise described when you initially selected to purchase the Subscription.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, suppliers, employees, partners and licensors harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from (i) your User Content, (ii) your breach of this Agreement, (iii) your uploading of, access to, connection to, or use or misuse of the Content or the Services, or (iv) your violation of law. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
EXCEPT AS STATED IN SECTION 16, THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OUR PARTNERS, AND OUR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS, MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT (INCLUDING THE USER CONTENT) OR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY.
NEITHER WE NOR OUR AFFILIATES OR PARTNERS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY FOR TRUTH, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONVEYED TO USERS OF THE SERVICES OR FOR ERRORS, MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS THEREIN OR FOR ANY DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE DATA OR INFORMATION STREAM FROM WHATEVER CAUSE. FURTHER, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE ERROR FREE OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. IF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE Energy4Life Devices, THE BATTERY PACK, THE SERVICES AND/OR THE CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, IN EXCESS OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, EVEN IF A WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IF YOU ARE A USER FROM NEW JERSEY, SECTION 11 (DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY) AND SECTION 12 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY) ARE INTENDED TO BE ONLY AS BROAD AS IS PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. IF ANY PROVISION OF THESE SECTIONS IS HELD TO BE INVALID UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, THE INVALIDITY OF SUCH PROVISION SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OF THE REMAINING PROVISIONS OF THE APPLICABLE SECTIONS.
14. CHANGES TO SERVICES
The Services may change over time. We may suspend or discontinue any part of the Services, or we may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services. We will try to give you notice when we make a material change to the Services, but this is not always practical. Similarly, we reserve the right to remove any Content or User Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to if someone alleges you contributed Content or User Content in violation of this Agreement), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
- Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors and permitted assigns.
- Governing Law; Venue. This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Florida without respect to its conflict of law provisions. You expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Florida.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Non-Waiver. Failure by us to act on or enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance.
- Headings. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import.
- Survival. All sections of this Agreement that, by their nature, should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, the sections entitled User Content, Indemnity, Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability, and General.
- Third Party Distribution Channels. Energy4Life offers software applications that may be made available through the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store or other distribution channels (“Distribution Channels”). If you obtain such software through a Distribution Channel, you may be subject to additional terms of the Distribution Channel. This Agreement is between you and us only, and not with the Distribution Channel. To the extent that you utilize any other third party products and services in connection with your use of our Services, you agree to comply with all applicable terms of any agreement for such third party products and services.
With respect to Software that is made available for your use in connection with an Apple-branded product (such Software, “Apple-Enabled Software”), in addition to the other terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Energy4Life and you acknowledge that this Agreement is concluded between Energy4Life and you only, and not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”), and that as between Energy4Life and Apple, Energy4Life, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Apple-Enabled Software and the content thereof.
- You may not use the Apple-Enabled Software in any manner that is in violation of or inconsistent with the Usage Rules set forth for Apple-Enabled Software in, or otherwise be in conflict with, the App Store Terms of Service.
- Your license to use the Apple-Enabled Software is limited to a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Apple-Enabled Software on an iOS Product that you own or control, as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to provide any maintenance or support services with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software.
- Apple is not responsible for any product warranties, whether expressed or implied by law. In the event of any failure of the Apple-Enabled Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Apple-Enabled Software to you, if any; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, or any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty, which will be Energy4Life’s sole responsibility, to the extent it cannot be disclaimed under applicable law.
- Energy4Life and you acknowledge that Energy4Life, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Apple-Enabled Software or your possession and/or use of that Apple-Enabled Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Apple-Enabled Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the Apple-Enabled Software or the end-user’s possession and use of that Apple-Enabled Software infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between Energy4Life and Apple, Energy4Life, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, they should be directed to Energy4Life at the e-mail address, phone number or mailing address set forth in Section 15 of this Agreement.
Energy4Life and you acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software as a third party beneficiary thereof.
If you have any questions regarding the Services, please contact Energy4Life via contact email@example.com. Our mailing address is Energy4Life, Inc., 5801 Benjamin Center, Suite 113 Tampa FL 33634.
17. WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY
OUR THIRTY (30) DAY RETURN POLICY
If you are unhappy or unsatisfied with your Energy4Life Devices or the Services you may cancel your Subscription and return your Energy4Life Devices (at your own cost) for any reason within thirty (30) days of receipt of your Energy4Life Devices for a full refund of the Initial Subscription Fee (which will be paid via your original payment method), less return shipping costs.
For purchases made directly from Energy4Life, you may request a return within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Energy4Life Device by following the instructions in the “Standard Return” section below.
For purchases made from an Energy4Life Authorized Partner, you must return the initial Energy4Life Device purchase (including any accessories) to the original point of sale for a refund.
To request a return, you must contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, at which point a return shipping label will be provided to you. Once you have requested your return, you are eligible for a refund of the Energy4Life GEM Devices and Initial Subscription Fee, less return shipping costs, as long as the Energy4Life Devices are received within thirty (30) days from the date you requested the return.
To cancel your Subscription within the thirty (30) days of receipt of the Energy4Life Devices in order to receive your refund, you must return the Energy4Life Devices in the manner described above. If you do not return the Energy4Life Devices within that 30-day period, the refund will not be applied.
Once a return is requested, Energy4Life will cancel the subscription associated with the return.
Once the Energy4Life Devices are returned, we reserve the right to refurbish the Energy4Life Devices for sale or for the Energy4Life Devices to be sold as replacement Energy4Life Devices.
OUTSIDE THE STANDARD RETURN PERIOD
Once the 30-day period has passed, you will not receive a refund for all or any portion of your Energy4life Devices or Initial Subscription Fee. While you may still cancel your Subscription at any time, the cancellation of the Subscription after the 30-day period has passed will not go into effect until the end of the initial subscription period. You may discontinue your use of the Subscription and Services at any time.
LIMITED WARRANTY: ENERGY4LIFE DEVICES
Energy4Life warrants that your Energy4Life Devices are free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of your first use of the Energy4Life Devices, as described above (such period, the “Warranty Period” and such warranty, the “Limited Warranty”). If your Energy4Life Devices are defective during the Warranty Period, Energy4Life will replace your Energy4Life Devices, subject to the conditions below, at no additional charge. Energy4Life is not responsible to repair or replace your Energy4Life Devices if you violate this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is non-transferable. Any Limited Warranty replacement Energy4Life Devices shall be warranted under the original Warranty Period for the remainder of the Warranty Period, for thirty (30) days after you receive your replacement Energy4Life Devices, or for any period as required by applicable law, whichever is longer.
To be eligible for the Limited Warranty, you must:
- Have an active Subscription with no outstanding balance or any unpaid fees;
- Have a valid Payment Method on file should a restocking fee of $120 (“Restocking Fee”) be charged (as Energy4Life is currently unable to process Payment Methods over the telephone); and
- Be the original owner of the Energy4Life Devices, meaning that the Energy4Life Devices being replaced was the one originally paired with the Account associated with the Energy4Life Devices.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Lost Energy4Life Devices
- Damage or failure through misuse or malfunction, normal wear and tear, improper or negligent use, improper or abnormal use, or any use contrary to instructions provided by Energy4Life
- Damage or failure due to accident, acts of God, unauthorized commercial use, abuse, neglect, theft, unusual atmospheric conditions
- Cosmetic damage
- Any unauthorized modification to the product
- Attempted repair by unauthorized persons or with any parts not originally intended for or compatible with the Energy4Life Devices
- Any alteration of the factory model name and/or serial number
This Limited Warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights, you may also have other rights which vary from state to state that may result in the change of this Limited Warranty.
To request a warranty replacement, you must contact Energy4Life Support at email@example.com, at which point Energy4Life shall send you a replacement Energy4Life Device(s) as well as a return shipping label for the defective Energy4Life Device(s).
If you do not return the defective Energy4Life Device(s) within thirty (30) days of receiving the return shipping label, Energy4Life shall have the right to charge you the Restocking Fee for the unreturned Energy4Life Device(s). Energy4Life reserves the right to charge you the Restocking Fee if you do not return the Energy4Life Device(s) as described above, you cancel your Subscription or remove your Payment Method.
For purchases made from an Authorized Reseller, Energy4Life Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) will honor a replacement for a defective product as if those purchases had been made directly from Energy4Life. Replacements at the original point of sale are subject to the replacement policy of the Authorized Reseller.
You may purchase a replacement for your Energy4Life Devices that has fallen outside of the Limited Warranty in the Store
For Energy4Life Support, please contact email@example.com.
18. NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA MEMBERS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of the Services are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.