ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH | Integrator 1
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 4 - 6
Spaghetti Squash is a tasty complex carb filled with soluble fiber making it terrific for colon health.
- 1 Large spaghetti squash (or 2 small spaghetti squash may be easier to cut through)
- 2 Tbsp organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1⁄4 Tsp of sea salt
- 1⁄4 Cup of chopped parsley
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Shallot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and line a large rimmed baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Carefully cut off the ends of the spaghetti squash. Using a sharp knife, slice the spaghetti squash into discs. I find the best way to do this is inserting the very tip of a sharp knife into the side of the squash and push it all the way through the other side. Rock the knife back and forth to cut one half all the way through, then repeat on the other side.
- Use a sharp spoon to scrape out the seeds. Place the discs on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and brush with coconut oil.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, or until a knife easily pierces the skin and flesh. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Once slightly cool, use a fork to scrape out the “spaghetti.”
- Chop the garlic cloves and shallot. Sauté in coconut oil until tender, add spaghetti squash and parsley to the pan, and sauté for 3-4 mins longer.
TIPP: Great side item and as a gluten free pasta replacement for bison meatballs and red sauce!