ORGANIC QUINOA VEGGIE BURGER | Integrator 1
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 4 - 6
Sprouted quinoa is loaded with natural protein containing all 9 essential amino acids, B Vitamins and is has an impressive amount of insoluble fiber to support healthy colon.
- 1 Cup sprouted quinoa
- 2 Cups organic bone broth or organic
- Vegetable broth
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 Cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 Cup sweet onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 Cup carrot (shredded)
- 1⁄2 Cup zucchini (grated)
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 Tsp cayenne
- 1⁄2 Tsp paprika
- 1 Egg
- 3⁄4 Cup gluten free quick oats
- 1 Cup organic black beans (Edan Brand is pressure cooked to help reduce lectins)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Bring 2 cups of your choice of broth to a boil. Add 1 cup sprouted quinoa; reduce to low heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add 1heaping Tsp of coconut oil stir and let cool in the refrigerator.
- In a medium skillet, sauté celery, onion, shredded carrot, grated zucchini, chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh oregano, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of cayenne with 2 Tbsp coconut oil until softened – about 5-6 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the quinoa, sautéed veggies, egg, oats, organic black beans and mix together well . Let chill; form into patties. Transfer to a well heated skillet with coconut oil, cook 1 side well before pressing and flipping to other side.
TIPP: Serve over micro greens with sliced avocado drizzled with olive oil and an organic apricot or pear balsamic.