PINK GRAPEFRUIT AVOCADO BABY ARUGULA SALAD | Integrator 5
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 4 - 6
This delicious salad is packed with dense nutrients and healthy fats. Pink grapefruit is loaded with vitamin C and the antioxidant lycopene, together they help tone the liver, keep bile and digestion moving to reduce burden on the lymphatic system.
- 2 Hass Avocados (large; peeled, pitted and quartered; slice each into 2 – 3 slices)
- 2 Ruby Red Grapefruits (large)
- 1 Shallot (medium; finely chopped)
- 1 Tsp Organic Red or White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Baby Arugula
- 1⁄2 Cup whole fresh Mint Leaves
- Sea Salt & fresh Cracked Pepper
- Using a sharp knife, cut the skin and the white pith off the grapefruits, working over a bowl, cut to release the sections. Squeeze the extra juice into the bowl.
- Arrange a mixture of baby arugula and mint leaves onto plates or in a medium bowl. Top with the avocado and grapefruit sections. Season with some sea salt and pepper.
- Dressing – using the fresh grapefruit juice, vinegar, chopped shallot, and oil ; whisk together in small bowl.
- Drizzle over the greens, avocado and grapefruit slices.