RED CABBAGE CARROT SALAD WITH MANGO | Integrator 5
YIELD: SERVES 6
Gorgeous colors and packed with good fats, fiber and protein this salad will nourish you. The red cabbage and parsley contain natural diuretics to help clear toxins and reduce water retention. The salad is topped off with loads of anti-inflammatory antioxidants, especially lycopene shown to support bladder and prostate health.
- 1 Head of Red Cabbage (small; fine shredded)
- 4-5 Organic Loose Carrots (peeled & shredded [at least 2 cups])
- 1 Mango (peeled and cut into small chunks [Papaya can be substituted])
- 1⁄2 Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 Cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Fennel Stalks (small slices)
- 1⁄4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (coarsely ground)
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 Cup Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg is preferred)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed [1 Lemon])
- 1 Tbsp Buckwheat Honey
- Cayenne Pepper (a pinch of heat)
- Peal out the outer layer and finely slice the red cabbage with a sharp knife or use a mandoline.
- Shred the carrots in a food processor or with hand shredder
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, cut mango, chopped parsley, cilantro, fennel and top with coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds. Season with salt & pepper.
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients to a small blender or whisk together in a bowl until light and well blended.
- Pour over the salad and mix well – This salad gets better as it sits!