SAUTEED ORGANIC CHICKEN LIVERS W/ PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS & ONIONS | Integrator 4
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 4
Eaten on occasion, organic Chicken livers are one of the most nutrient dense foods and will supply a large dose of iron, folate, vitamin A and vitamin B12.
- 1 Large yellow onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Tbsp organic Butter
- 4 Organic Chicken Livers un-cooked (purchase organic or from organic farmer – freeze in servings and thaw in the refrigerator before cooking)
- 1 Cup Chopped Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 1⁄2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Sprigs fresh thyme (chopped)
- Sea salt & Cracked Pepper (to taste)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of butter and the onions cover and cook until most of natural juice is removed and they are lightly browned about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme, the cumin and the mushrooms add another 1 Tbsp of butter cook the mixture until the mushrooms release their liquid about 15 minutes more. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe the Pan, add the remaining butter and heat until bubbling. Add the chicken livers cook quickly at medium High heat turning them until crispy and brown on both sides – 4 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the pan – add a little water or organic Red Wine Vinegar to deglaze the pan; stir. Serve them over micro greens with squeeze of lemon.