ROASTED ASPARAGUS OVER WATERCRESS & SPINACH | Integrator 4
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 4
This tasty quick salad side dish provides a great source of iron, B Vitamins require to create healthy oxygen carrying red blood cells. Lemon is a terrific source of Vitamin C which helps to unleash the bioavailability of the iron.
- 4 Tbsp (split) Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch of Organic Asparagus (regular or small sized Asparagus) ends trimmed
- 2 Organic Lemons (sliced and seeded)
- 1 Medium Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Cups Watercress
- 2 Cups baby spinach or Baby
- Beet Greens
- 2 Tbsp Coarsely Chopped Pumpkin Seeds
- Sea salt & Cracked Pepper to Taste
- Heat 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a stove top non-stick grill pan, add the trimmed asparagus, and cook over medium heat. The Grill pan allows the Asparagus to roll while they heat to evenly grill. Cook 3 – 5 minutes depending on size of asparagus. Season with sea salt and Cracked Pepper. They will turn bright green and be lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp of Olive oil and grill the lemon and red onion for additional 3-4 min until they soften and flavors mix.
- Serve the Asparagus, Lemons, and Onions over a bed of Watercress and Greens. Sprinkle with the Crushed Pumpkin Seeds