GRILLED SALMON BURGERS W/ AVOCADO SALSA | Integrator 4
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 4
This recipe is not only filled with satisfying flavors, but loads of antioxidants, heart healthy fats and hemoglobin building iron and B vitamins.
- 1 lb Wild Caught Fresh Salmon Fillet (Skinned and Chopped [the butcher can do for you if your request])
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Organic Pastured Egg
- 1 - 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- 2 Stalks of green onion (chopped)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
For the Salsa:
- 1 large avocado peeled, pit removed, and cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 Small red onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 Cup Chopped fresh Cilantro – extra for garnish topping
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple chopped into small chunks
- 1 small poblano pepper (seeded and chopped -this is a milder pepper than the jalapeno.)
- Juice of 1 Lime or Lemon
- Skin and chop the Salmon place into medium mixing bowl. Add the coconut flour, the Egg, green onions, Parsley, lemon, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Make into 4 evenly sized salmon burgers – cook on stove top Grill Pan (like the non-stick all-Clad version) over medium high heat. Brush the grill top with Coconut Oil or Olive Oil & Grill each side 4 minutes
- Avocado Salsa – combine all the ingredients in medium bowl – top the burger with Salsa and sprinkle with extra cilantro and lemon. Serve over Greens or use Organic Butter Lettuce - and eat green style “bun”.