ORGANIC CHICKEN BONE BROTH | Integrator 3
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 48 HR
YIELD: SERVES 4-QT JARS
Organic, homemade bone broth is a rich source of bioavailable collagen(especially from the feet) and minerals and is especially effective in nourishing the gut lining. It has been shown to help heal leaky gut which is the root caufor many autoimmune diseases.
- 4 lbs Mixed Organic Chicken (Heads, Feet, Backs, Wings, Necks ~ we like to get ours from local organic farmer ~ Pastured free-range Chickens)
- 4 Medium organic carrots diced
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Quartered
- 4 Organic Celery stalks diced
- 6-8 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Tsp Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tsp cracked peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 6 Sprigs of Parsley
- 3 Sprigs of Oregano
- 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place the chicken into 7 or 10 quart capacity slow cooker - and add about 5 quarts of filtered water and the apple cider vinegar.
- Add Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic and Spices (using an herb bag for the herbs helps to make the straining process easier) add a little more water if necessary
- Simmer for 48 hours skimming fat occasionally and adding a little more water.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, discard all the solids, the herb bag, and strain through a colander into large bowl.
- Pour into quart jars and refrigerate for 7-10 days or freeze for up to 3 months (when freezing make sure you leave room for expansion in the jar)
TIPP: *Make my Favorite gut friendly Sipping tea or cleanse with 8 oz fresh warmed bone broth, sprig of thyme and 1⁄2 lemon squeezed about 1 Tsp. (up to 3 times a day for gut healing) Add bone broth to your rice, your quinoa, yourscrambled eggs, and much more!