ROYAL QUINOA FUSILLI PASTA W/ KALE & MORINGA PESTO | Integrator 3
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 4
This high protein, iron and fiber gluten free pasta dish is so satisfying and filled with dense nutrient rich flavor that will not disrupt your digestion.
- 1 box Royal Quinoa Organic Fusilli Pasta (Andean Dream)
- 1 sheet of pacific Kombu
- 4 - 6 Cups Filtered Water
- Sea salt
- Olive Oil
For the Pesto:
- 1⁄2 Cup fresh basil
- 1 Cup green kale – cut into pieces with steam removed
- 1⁄2 Cup soaked raw almonds (soaked 8-10 hours or overnight)
- 1⁄4 Cup organic moringa powder
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 Lemon – juiced
- 2 -3 Garlic cloves
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1/3 Cup Extra-Virgin Cold Pressed
- Olive Oil
- In medium sauce pan bring 4 -6 cups of lightly salted water to boil. Add the fusilli pasta and kombu cook 14 minutes. Drain and toss in bowl with some olive oil.
- For the Pesto - Place all the ingredients into food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Stop and scrap the sides with rubber spatula to make sure all the ingredients are well blended.
- Add 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup of the pesto to the pasta toss until evenly coated. Serve with fresh chopped basil.